In these terms and conditions, “DW HOME MAINTENANCE” shall be the “COMPANY” contracted to undertake the
“PROJECT” and the “CUSTOMER” shall mean “YOU” the person that hired “DW HOME MAINTENANCE” and
who accepts a quotation issued by “DW HOME MAINTENANCE”.
1. All quoted prices include GST.
2. Quotation is valid for thirty days from the date on the quote. (and may be withdrawn at any time).
3. Written acceptance of the quotation by the CUSTOMER must be received by DW HOME MAINTENANCE prior to
commencement of the quoted works.
4. Quotation subject to final inspection by DW HOME MAINTENANCE to confirm the scope of the project.
5. The CUSTOMER will provide the access necessary to complete the quoted works at no cost to DW HOME MAINTENANCE (unless otherwise agreed in writing).
6. The CUSTOMER will provide the power and water supply necessary to complete the quoted works at no cost to
DW HOME MAINTENANCE (unless otherwise agreed in writing).
7. Invoices to be issued by DW HOME MAINTENANCE upon practical completion and payable by the CUSTOMER on
completions of works (COD). (unless otherwise agreed in writing). DW HOME MAINTENANCE will inform the CUSTOMER if any progress payments will be necessary before commencement of the quoted works in writing. Should progress payments be necessary, such payments are payable within seven (7) days of being invoiced prior to the commencement of the works.
8. Practical completion is defined as when the quoted works are finished except for minor defects or minor omissions that may not have been noticed by DW HOME MAINTENANCE prior to the issue of any invoices.
9. Written notification of any defects or omissions in relation to the quoted works must be received by DW HOME
MAINTENANCE as soon as possible so that DW HOME MAINTENANCE may ensure completion of the works as quoted.
10. The existence of minor defects or minor omissions cannot constitute reason for withholding full payment of any invoice
(any withheld amount can only be based on the value of any specific defects or omissions).
11. DW HOME MAINTENANCE is not liable for any problem that is only revealed when carrying out the quoted works and DW HOME MAINTENANCE shall be entitled to suspend work in relation to the quoted works until the problem is resolved by either:
a. The CUSTOMER agreeing that DW HOME MAINTENANCE will fix the problem (with the CUSTOMER liable for the cost of such extra work) before work in relation to the quoted works continues.
b. The CUSTOMER agreeing that they will fix the problem (at no cost to DW HOME MAINTENANCE) before work in relation to the quoted works continues.
12. DW HOME MAINTENANCE is not liable for any loss or damage resulting from any insufficient or defective foundations or structure not erected by the DW HOME MAINTENANCE.
13. All materials are at the risk of the CUSTOMER once delivered to the address where the quoted works are to be carried out
(as stated on the quotation).
14. If the quotation is cancelled after written acceptance is received, the CUSTOMER is liable for any materials that have been purchased in relation to the quoted works (including delivery and other associated costs).
15. Property in the quoted works does not pass to the CUSTOMER until the quoted works have been paid for in full.
16. The CUSTOMER shall reimburse DW HOME MAINTENANCE any expenses incurred in the collection of any overdue or out-standing payments.
17. The terms of any contractual agreement resulting from acceptance of the quotation are subject to approval by
DW HOME MAINTENANCE prior to the agreement being entered into.
18. These terms and conditions will not be varied by the CUSTOMER unless agreed to in writing by
DW HOME MAINTENANCE .
19. Agreed to changes by the CUSTOMER and DW HOME MAINTENANCE must be in writing, signed by both parties and
attached to quotation with a copy supplied to both parties.
20. The customer agrees to pay the entire amount due in full as stated on the invoice issued by the date therein shown. Should the invoice not be paid by this due date the customer agrees that a late penalty fee of 10.5% will be imposed, calculated weekly and compounded accordingly.